[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Re: [mythtv] Separating CAPTUR and Capture in OSS]

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Mar 5 21:43:57 UTC 2003

Larry Matter wrote:
> [moving to myth-users]
>
> Hmm.  Well in that case, Alsa rocks, you should use it.
> Anyone have any of that humble pie left ...
>
> But seriously, I use btaudio for my haupauge card and it works great and
> was really easy to get working.  I would just try that.

It's certainly worth trying. However, there are three common
groups of results for people trying btaudio:

1) Works great! Why doesn't everybody use this? ;-)

2) Works but there is humming / poor audio quality.

3) No sound no matter what I do.

I do know of a case where btaudio did or didn't work depending
on the rev number of the same model number.  AFAIK, there is
no brand or model of capture card that you can buy and absolutely
know that btaudio will work.

--  bjm