[mythtv-users] MythWeb Mobile

Emil Friis mythtv at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 4 19:47:00 UTC 2003

For now I was just thinking of doing mythweb mobile for remote management of
myth, but it had crossed my mind to use a PDA as a remote, maybe hooked up
through WI-FI.

The new Recorded feature of mythweb uses that protocol to get info about and
delete recorded programs, so it should be possible to connect to the backend.
The only question is if it is possible to make requests to the backend on
behalf of the frontend without completely messing the frontend up (if I
change the channel with my PDA will the actual mythfrontend be aware of
that?). A better way might be to add functionality to the API on the frontend
box and then use the PDA to change channel on the frontend which then uses
standard communication to the backend. This would actually also be a perfect
use for a 3Com Audrey.

Maybe someone who knows the backend/frontend API can comment?

-Emil