[mythtv-users] Pixelview PlayTV Pro Sound

Merle Reine merle.reine at lindows.com
Wed Mar 5 18:38:05 UTC 2003

When creating mythmobile I would be hesitant to just reformat the existing
mythweb to a smaller screen format. Limited screen realestate, limited
bandwitdth and input mechanisms that are usually somewhat of a pain to use
makes it extremely important to focus the architecture on specific tasks that
would be performed remotely as opposed to a simple port of all standard
functionality.

So what i would really like before starting development on myth mobile would
be to try to gather some requirements from people. Most basically I would
like to know this:

What would you like to be able to do from your wirelessly connected PDA (Palm
or PocketPC)?

As it is right now I don't see it being feasible to implement a WAP interface
- the standard WAP phones are just too limited.

Let me answer my own question here:

- I would like a good search capability (search one or more of: title,
description, subtitle, channel and type of program) instead of having to scan
all of the listings as in listings.php
- If I need to look at a table like that I would prefer it only to show my
favorite channels
- Quick links to all programs of a certain type across all channels (sports,
movies etc.)
- From any of the views listed above being able to set a program to record
with just one click. The default would be record once since I would expect to
set up recurring recordings either from a frontend or from mythweb.
- A status page with mythbackend up/down, uptime, last time mythfilldatabase
was run (maybe option to trigger it?), disk free, tuner card status
(recording, idle, live tv), shows to be recorded today etc. I want all this
because I know I will have to troubleshoot myth remotely when I am travelling
- MythWeather since we already have it might be nice

I am working on adding a ByChannel view to mythweb where it shows all of
todays program for a specific channel. That might also be something for
mythmobile.

-Emil