[mythtv-users] Non-continuous picture when watching TV in MythTV

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 3 22:04:09 UTC 2003

>>>>> On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:58:32 -0600, Unit3 <unit3 at demoni.ca> said:

g> So even if you're not doing the "pause live tv" thing, and you're not
g> recording a show, the software is still passing everything through the
g> encoder? Doesn't this seem a little wasteful to anyone? I, for one,
g> would like an option to have it just do an overlay passthrough unless
g> I'm actually recording something.

	Doesn't sound wasteful, but to me, "pause (and rewind) live
TV" is the point of watching live TV using mythtv.  If I just want
"passthrough" functionality, I just use the TV by itself.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net