[mythtv-users] MythTV without TV card

Tom van Wietmarschen aaargh at deepthought.student.utwente.nl
Tue Mar 4 17:59:33 UTC 2003

I have a P4 1.7G with A gig mem and some fast scsi disk... For my
machine and i can do 720 X 480 no prob
But still see the best pic at 480X480 with rjpeg, with mpeg 4 i always
get lines on my screen...
I noticed that it's better to buy a faster hd then a faster cpu...
I used to have a quatum 15GB ata66 drive... In the same pc...
Then the performance was terrible... With the scsi drives mythtv
rocks....
Ps you don't have to buy scsi ... But the latest ide drives will do just
fine... But no 5400rpm disk.. Go for 7200.