[mythtv-users] Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

JC johnmythtv at crombe.com
Sat Mar 1 04:13:15 UTC 2003

Ok, well, I originally installed mysql from the Mandrake 9 rpm and it
reports that it's version: "Server version 3.23.52", and has been up and
running great for 13 days now.  I've got a couple dozen shows in the Myth db
and hate to "break" it if I don't have to.  I'm just thinking that the
problem is that it didn't install the "php module" of mysql when it
installed.

I downloaded the latest stable release 3.23.55 and am hesitant to install it
as I'm afraid it will wipe out my database and all settings.  Is this what I
need to do or what should I do to get that "mysql php module installed" as
you recommend??

Let me know what I should do next please.

TIA!
JC