[mythtv-users] Re: When Mythtv tries to record programed shows, my computers locks up.

Juda jeb_pro at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 20:30:17 EDT 2003

RJV thank you for responding.  I ran it and nothing
was found wrong.  I decided to reinstall mandrake 9.1
(there was a few things I was not happy with).
Furthermore I am using Nvidias video and nforce
drivers.  However the program still locks up but does
not give that error message anymore.  After doing some
trouble shooting I came to the conclusion that the
onboard audio is the culpret.  The reason is that the
backend tells me to go to section 18 which says:

"18.13 The mythbackend program told me to look at this
section.

mythbackend does a check to see if your sound device
is capable of full duplex operation. If it's not, it's
most likely that you're going to run into issues when
you try to record and play sound at the same time. If
your backend is a seperate machine than your frontend,
then there's no problem, since you're only going to be
doing one thing at a time with the card. Likewise, if
you're running the frontend and backend on the same
machine, but you're using btaudio as your recording
source, and using the playback function of your
soundcard, then you also shouldn't have an issue,
since the sound card isn't being asked to perform two
functions at once.

If you can't get your soundcard to go full duplex and
need it to, then check your distribution for updated
sound drivers. If your soundcard is not capable of
full-duplex operation, either because the drivers
don't support it, or it has been designed that way,
then you're pretty much out of luck and will either
need to purchase a new sound card, or will need to get
btaudio operational."

My card is the Winfast 2000 XP Deluxe, according to
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-19.html#btaudio
says that my card is not supported.  But this thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/Re:Leadtek_winfast_2000_XP_Can_I_get_sound_from_bttv_directly_P55500/
makes it seem like a possiblity.  If this is truely a
possibilty, could anyone suggest any good how-to that
are clear to fallow?  Also on a side not could any one
suggest a good radio program?  Thank you for your
time.
Juda