[mythtv-users] Pundit and Overscan

Gerald Britton gbritton at doomcom.org
Mon Jun 30 21:18:29 EDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 08:48:42PM -0700, Steve Davidson wrote:
> Have you tried the TVXPosOffset and TVYPosOffset options of the driver?
> You might have better luck with these values (SVideo happens to be fine
> on my TV at 800x600 and 640x480, except for some odd Xv behavior).

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "sis"
        VendorName  "Silicon Integrated Systems"
        BoardName   "SiS 315/650"
        VideoRam    65536
        Option      "XvOnCRT2"  "true"
        Option      "ForceCRT2Type" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC"
        Option      "TVXPosOffset" "-6"
        Option      "TVYPosOffset" "-7"
EndSection

This works great for me on my Pundit in 640x480.  It fully fills to the
edges of the physical display with almost no room to spare, but there's no
dead black areas of phosphor anymore.  I created a quick test grid and used
that and tweaking the two settings to get it to the right size.

				-- Gerald