[mythtv-users] Creating a RAID 0 "mythtv-optimized" volume

Steve s019 at krans.org
Mon Jun 30 18:10:25 EDT 2003

I need to combine two 120GB drives to form a large, mythtv-optimized,
filesystem and am looking for recommendations.  I'm using Mandrake 9.1
"2.4.21-0.13mdk" on a P3-550Mhz and would be looking at a software RAID 0
solution.

>From the research I've done, there's a set of raid tools available and also
lvm.  Any opinions on which is better? How about recommended tuning
parameters, like stripe size?

For a file system, I'll probably use ext3 with the options given on the
MythTV howto, unless there are any caveats with a striped volume.

Thanks,
Steve