[mythtv-users] More ATI-tvout gatos/retinaburn fun! [OT]

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Jun 30 15:31:57 EDT 2003

Nick Stephens wrote:
> I finally managed to access the Gatos CVS, and grabbed the copy there (and
> the devel branch just for kicks)..

If tvout is the goal, "devel" is not just for kicks, it's
required. There is no support for tvout in the latest CVS
(or earlier CVS not tagged "devel") or in any of the released
tarballs. This only works with xfree86 4.2.x .

> i have an ATI card that I'm of course trying to foolishly get to work with
> tvout, and so i was intending to use the patch from retinalburn to try to
> make it work..

This site says it is specifically for Mach64 so I don't know
if it will work for other cards. If you can roll back to xfree86
4.2.x and use the GATOS "devel" branch, I know that has always
worked for me.

--  bjm