[mythtv-users] Re:Re: External channel changer just stopped working?!

Rob ter Veer r.terveer at chello.nl
Mon Jun 30 14:53:08 EDT 2003

>On Wednesday 18 June 2003 10:55 am, Rob ter Veer wrote:
>> Same thing here. I used to follow CVS until 0.91. In all versions I
had
>> the same problem. And even now it's 0.91, it is still not working all
of
>> the time. If someone needs more information to resolve this problem,
>> please ask and I will (try to) dig it up..
>
>It should be possible to track this down with a couple debugging
printfs/couts
>that you can add to libs/libmythtv/tv_rec.cpp,
libs/libmythtv/channel.cpp,
>and libs/libmythtv/channelbase.cpp
>
>Isaac

I've figured out what's the problem. It seems that the sourceid of the
cardinput and channel are different somehow. That way, the external
changer command never is called.

# mysql mythconverg

mysql>select sourceid from channel;
mysql>select sourceid from cardinput;
mysql>update channel set sourcid = 1;

Maybe this will help others too? Still not sure why the sourceid of
channel is different than sourceid of cardinput. Must have something to
do with mythfilldatabase?