[mythtv-users] Pundit and Overscan

Gerald Britton gbritton at doomcom.org
Mon Jun 30 00:19:03 EDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 06:07:42PM -0700, Steve Davidson wrote:
> Just out of curiousity: is the black bar present when X first starts up,
> or only after displaying a video via mythTV?  If it is happening in X,
> check out the overscan settings in the X driver itself (look on Thomas
> W's site for details).  If it happens only after viewing a video, then
> it is most likely Xv wierdness.

It's an X configuration issue.. I'm currently using this:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "sis"
        VendorName  "Silicon Integrated Systems"
        BoardName   "SiS 315/650"
        VideoRam    65536
        Option      "XvOnCRT2"  "true"
        Option      "ForceCRT2Type" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC"
        Option      "CHTVOverscan"  "true"
EndSection

The bar looks like the start of the active area is too far away from the
sync pulse.  The active area also appears to extend well into the right
overscan area of the display, as if what it wants is to be shifted left.

				-- Gerald