[mythtv-users] MythTV & ASUS Pundit -- Drivers?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Jun 29 13:46:51 EDT 2003

> Well, I FINALLY figured out my LAN dilema..... and low and behold, it
> WAS a
> bios issue.  Like a dumbass, I enabled "Plug-and-Play OS" in the bios.
> generally do enable this, because most of my machines are
> Windows-based.
> However, I guess for whatever reason RH9 didn't like this... because
> when I
> disabled it, and wiped the install clean and started over, both my
> Audio and
> Lan now work!

um, even for windows, you should have "Plug-and-Play OS" disabled in the
bois..  The bios is almost always better at assigning IRQ's, etc.

> Quick question for other Pundit users... are you guys using the
> default SiS
> video drivers?

from what I've heard, use Thomas' latest drivers (he wrote the "default"
ones, too, so they're both "his")  as for xf86config, here's the Device
snippet from mine:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"
    Driver      "sis"
    Option      "XvOnCRT2"  "true"
    Option      "ForceCRT2Type" "SVIDEO"
#   Option      "ForceCRT2Type" "TV"
#   Option      "CHTVOverscan"  "false"
    Option      "CHTVOverscan"  "true"
    VendorName  "Silicon Integrated Systems"
    BoardName   "SiS 315/650"
    VideoRam    65536
EndSection

I've bumped up the video ram setting in the bios, so set that setting
appropriately.  the overscan stuff doesn't work unless you grab Thomas'
latest drivers.  I still need to do that, though.

-Chris