[mythtv-users] How to use the cutlist for transcoding?

Ang Tan tana at rainydayinvestors.com
Sat Jun 28 16:43:47 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm starting to figure all the awesome features of mythtv.  I was using PowerVCR II for my tv recordings before and it was a real pain to schedule recordings and video editing, ie... taking out commercials and trying to encode the mpeg2 into divx to save space.  Mythtv is awesome.  My question is, how do I use the cutlist for mkmovie?  I try to use it in mkmovie, but the option doesn't appear to work for the show I want to transcode.  What do I have to do to get the automatic commercial skips to work with the transcoding.   Commericial skips works fine most of the time when I'm watching a show.

Thanks,
Ang