[mythtv-users] MythTV & ASUS Pundit -- Drivers?

Kevin Gibbons kevin at kgibbons.com
Sat Jun 28 17:27:36 EDT 2003

Well, I'm still pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my lan won't work on the Pundit system.  I located the driver on the ASUS CD, compiled and installed, and modified /etc/modules.conf to contain "alias eth0 bcm4400.o"  --- and also verified that the module WAS copied over to /lib/modules/*kernel_version*/kernel/drivers/net

I then rebooted my system, and ran "netconfig" from command line -- and choose DHCP since that's what my cable modem uses.  Then rebooted once again to initialize everything.  However, when the system comes back online I still have a dead network.

If I run ifconfig I see "lo" but not "eth0".  Help.... I'm ready to punt the Pundit :)  Could it be some funky bios setting that's causing my frustration, or am I just not doing all steps to get the module loaded up properly?

Thanks in advance!

KG