[mythtv-users] Always missing first couple seconds of show

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jun 27 09:45:43 EDT 2003

> I've got my MythTV system set to keep its clock synchronized using ntpdate.
>   But I guess my local TV time is slightly off from where I'm synchronizing
> to, since I always miss the very first 10 seconds or so of every show I
> record.

I've noticed that almost all of my channels are almost exactly 30
seconds ahead of "true" time/  Luckily, for the most part I only miss a
bit of the intro, I do occasionally lose out on those shows that play
plot-content before the intro (eg. stargate).

> Since there doesn't seem to be any "pre-roll" option in MythTV, what do you
> folks do to get the whole show recorded?    Set your system clock slightly
> fast?     If so, is there an option for ntpdate to offset your system time
> by a specified amount from the master server?

hmm, that's probably a good idea.  If no one wants to include "pre-roll"
as you call it (it was suggested before, but the thread fizzled away for
some reason), this would be a nice alternative.   If no one posts, I'll
ask a couple of my more knowledgeable sysadmin friends for help (have to
wait for them to get online).

-Chris