[mythtv-users] Re: My next server case [WAY off topic]

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Jun 26 21:07:33 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Jun 26, Tupshin wrote:

>> Here's the case I just bought:
>>
>> http://www.coolermaster.com/case/p620.htm
>>
>> Looks even better in person. All your drives are obscured from view by
>> the front panel that opens downward to reveal the drive bays, front
>> USB and audio jacks. It comes in both black and silver.
>>
>> -jcw
>
> Ohhh...that's niiice ;-)
>
> I'm curious where you bought it from, and for how much. I see one place
> selling it for $119 which seems a bit stiff. Also, what motherboard/CPU
> are you planning on using? I was thinking of going mini-itx, but this
> might convince me that micro-atx is the way to go.

Got it for $108 from newegg.com, along with a Micro-ATX motherboard
from MSI, the KM2M Combo-L, which newegg carries for $62 (versus about
$120 for the Asus board someone else mentioned using).

It has no TV-out, but I've got a spare GeForce 4 AGP card I'm going to
put in it anyhow. Mini-ITX might be cheaper in the long run, but I like
the form factor and appearance, because it works in my A/V rack.

-jcw