[mythtv-users] saving position not working correctly with pvr-250

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jun 26 16:05:36 EDT 2003

I think I know what this is but can't test it right now.  If you want to
try a quick fix, edit libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp and goto around
line 1405.  Add a line with SetCommBreakIter(); on it so it looks like this:

    if (!commBreakMap.isEmpty())
    {
        hascommbreaktable = true;
        commBreakIter = commBreakMap.begin();
    }
    SetCommBreakIter();

I'm guessing you have auto-skip turned on and it's trying to auto-skip when
you start playing but since the auto-skip code doesn't know where you're at
yet it ends up skipping backwards after jumping forward to the bookmark.

> I'm using a PVR-250 on RH9 and kernel 2.4.21-rc2.  Running Mythtv CVS,
> MythWeather CVS, and MythWeb CVS updated  at 8:00 pm EST 6/24.  Auto
> position save is enabled but when I return to view a show that I
> haven't finished watching the dialog says:
>  >SKIP
>  >Auto Skipping  -2248
>  >seconds
>
> The number of seconds stated is correct.  The show I was watching was
> at ~37 minutes when I exited.  The actual position where the show
> starts playing again was at 1:49.  This also corresponds to the end of
> the first flagged commercial break. (I checked this using the editor
> 'E' and loading the commercial cut points 'Z').  I verified this with
> several other shows and all exhibit the same behavior.  Commercial
> flagging is using blank screens and scene changes, not that should even
> be related to saving position.
>
> I haven't seen this issue mentioned before and I never really used
> position saving until now.  So is it a config problem, pvr-250 issue,
> or a bug?
>
> Thanks,
> Vinton

Chris