[mythtv-users] X output to TV not working?

Timothy Vann tvann at extremenetworks.com
Thu Jun 26 11:34:27 EDT 2003

I just went through this with my GForce4MX.  Turns out with NVIDIA you have
to enable the driver to do TV-OUT, not sure if your card needs similar
additions to the XF86Config-4 file.  The one thing this driver allows you to
do is to specify a different set of sync rates for the TV-OUT.  TVs can only
run at 30-60 Horizontal sync and 60 Vertical sync(as best as I remember).
You may have some luck by changing your monitor setup section to crank down
the sync rates, but I expect you need a driver that will enable this sort of
dual sync rates.

Tim