[mythtv-users] Re:Does MythTV need a Beginner's FAQ Collection?

John Rives john.rives at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 09:08:16 EDT 2003

I am a newbie - to MythTV at least. I have spent no less than 10-15 hours
reading the archives of the mailing list and pouring over the documentation
and various install guides. I hate to ask questions on the mailing list if
they have already been asked, so much of my time is spent searching (as it
should be). Unfortunately, with mailing lists you get to the point that
questions are routinely answered "Search the list" or "Read the
Documentation" - sometimes that is not good enough. What one user may grok
from the documentation, another may completely overlook. Another issue I run
into is someone posting a question, then posting later that it is fixed
without an explanation as to how or why! Yes, I can email that person(s) to
ask the same questions, but would it not make more sense to create more
detailed documentation out of the user contributions? From a newbie point of
view - please create as much documentation as possible, it helps keep the
lists quiet, and the newbies content while hacking away at getting MythTV up
and running.

Just my $0.02. Isaac - down right spectacular product, even if I can't get
it to work right :)