[mythtv-users] Cannot get MythTV/OSS sound drivers to work...

mythtv at keatlim.com mythtv at keatlim.com
Wed Jun 25 19:56:53 EDT 2003

Tried RH9 and it worked so giving Mandrake 9.1 a shot now just to see how
it behaves. Well I have a lot of problems getting ALSA 0.9.4 and the
snd_via82xx module to work so I am staying with the OSS drivers
via82cxxx_audio.

The problem now is that I have set the audio device in the myth setup for
the capture card to /dev/dsp (or /dev/dsp2 with btaudio) and when I run
mythfrontend I get a lot of open: No such file or directory errors. If
I set the capture card audio to <none> it still tries to look for some
certain file. Now how can I go about finding what file it is trying to
open?

I'm using the latest CVS build and here's what the output looks like on
the console and no error appears in the syslog. How do I get more
information about it?

The following is the output I get...

# mythfrontend
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Opening OSS audio device ''.
open: No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory

<snip> repeats for about 100 lines or so

open: No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory
player: Can't open audio device:
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XV port 62

**then here I hit ^C**