[mythtv-users] MythMusic, weird behavior

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:42:48 EDT 2003

Ok cool,

I think this is a mythbug, can someone take a look:
This is really annoying, I have my hd set to goto standby if it is not being
used and when I hit "play music" it brings the hd back, and starts playing
the first track but freezes. The interface half shows up with no data but I
think this is a timeout issue now. I hate having the hd's on all the time,
it is noise, uses power, heats up the air and slowly kills them, plus all
the power settings in the bios and in linux never work. My primary hd never
goes on standby and all I am running is mythtv, while the secondary one with
my music does with my hdparm -C command. This time I received the following
errors:

Unable to initialize plugin "--verbose". << only appears sometimes
Unable to initialize plugin "myth--verbose". << only appears sometimes
Error: File Missing!

As for the other speed issue I'm thinking something is wrong with my db,
anyway here is what I get:

Disabled "List as Shuffled" = The playlist is ordered alphabeticaly and
changing songs is instant with no shuffle options. Once Smart or Random
shuffle is the whole screen will freeze, the playlist will then move 6
seconds after and start playing the next song.

Enabled "List as Shuffled" = Ok this is a really good feature, my list is
listed alphabeticaly if shuffle is off, but once I turn it on, it rebuilds
the playlist randomly, which takes about 6 seconds and then it is
instantaneous switching to the next song. So it must be just working with
and displaying the playlist that slows it down.

I wish I could get that other feature working, "Show entire music tree" as I
really want to have artist names on the side for navigation as my music
collection is seperated by artist folder already. With thousands of songs it
is nice to tell it what you want to listen to, instead of being on long
random list. Anyone have a clue what might cause this feature not to work?

Also when I start mythfrontend I get this error sometimes: "BUG: attempted
to set value of read-only ComboBox as string"