[mythtv-users] gentoo, mythtv, and mythweb... 2 minor issues...

mOjO mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Wed Jun 25 03:15:01 EDT 2003

my system:
Athlon XP 1700 (512mb PC2100DDR) on a shuttle SS40G (SiS740 chip)
Gentoo 1.4 RC5 built from gentoo-sources and all is current.
MythTV 0.9.1, mysqld  Ver 3.23.56, mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.56

my issues in order of importance (to me at least):

1.>  i want to patch mplayer so i can use the mythencode.pl, but i am a
bit confused by the whole ebuild thing.. i mean i know how to install
stuff with emerge but how do i patch the ebuild? or I should just ask
what is the easiest way to accomplish my goal of using mythencode.pl to
dump the .NUV's to something else in gentoo?

2.>  i am running mythweb on a SuSe 8.1 server (different machine from
mythtv) and using it to connect to the mythtv machine across my local
lan... and it works great except when i click on "Recorded Programs" or
"Fix Conflicts" where it then tells me "Unable to connect to
mythbackend, is it running?"... it seems odd to me that i can schedule
recordings view scheduled recordings (and they really do get recorded)
but not see the list of recorded programs from mythweb... the mysql
connection must be working or it wouldnt schedule them properly or list
them.... any clues?

3.> ok i lied theres three issues... this one has less to do with myth
than it does mplayer but here goes. Everything i play in mplayer,
recorded shows, files outside of myth, or even watching TV seems just a
bit too bright or dark all the time... its weird kinda like the contrast
is too high but kinda different... when something on the screen is light
colored it tends to get very bright and appear more of a blinding white
and when the whole screen is darker it gets too dark... its more subtle
than i make it sound but its definitely noticeable and definitely
annoying.  (btw.. its not the TV.. i checked.)

Thanks in advance... you guys have been awesome at helping me so far.

mOjO