[mythtv-users] Re:DRAFT of proposed new FAQ (or HowTo section)

Gerald Britton gbritton at doomcom.org
Wed Jun 25 00:34:05 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 05:45:46PM -0700, Mark Chou wrote:
> Actually I have an (older) WinTV dbx TV/FM Radio that does NOT work with
> btaudio.  This is a bona-fide bt878, but w/o MSP34xx, and has a tda9450
> or something like that...
>
> rev 11 works with btaudio, rev 02 apparently does not...

It all depends on how they've routed the audio outputs of the stereo
decoder chip.  Some of them route these signals to the bt8x8 chip, some
only route the outputs to the audio jumper cable.  You cannot simply tell
by the bt8x8 revision whether it will work.  You can only be sure by either
trying it to see if it works, or pouring over the signal traces on the
board.  Some of them also don't properly clock the digital audio clock so
only the analog captures work properly, and often the clock is at a fixed
rate (32000 or 48000 are most common, though some might be 44100).

				-- Gerald