[mythtv-users] RedHat 9 Packages

Tyler Butler butltyl at iit.edu
Tue Jun 24 00:31:50 EDT 2003

Greetings MythTV elite!  I've been playing around with mythTV for about
2 weeks now.  A friend of mine purchased a PVR-250 and was singing its
praises non-stop, so I finally broke down and bought one myself.

I attempted several different installs on a couple of distros, including
SuSE 8.2 and Gentoo (whatever the latest version was...), but had the
most success in RedHat 9.

Today I decided I was going to attempt installing mythMusic,
mythWeather, etc...  After a couple of failed attempts, I decided it
might be worth my time to check out the RedHat 9 packages that are
available.  So I reinstalled my system from scratch (doesn't take long
once you get the hang of it :-) ), got ivtv, and installed the mythtv
meta package (includes EVERYTHING!) using apt-get.  Surprisingly, it
works! Almost... I get the following output when I try to change
channels while watching Live TV, and similar output when I try to
record.

-----
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(1 Tuner 0 )
in setup is wrong
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
-----

Seems like a DB problem or something, but I'm not sure, so anyone who
can offer some tips or ideas on what to try is much appreciated.  Is it
possible this has something to do with the new XMLTV format?  Perhaps
the packages are not updated as of yet...  BTW, I have checked the
default channel and it seems to be set fine.

For the record, mythWeather works like a charm, and I haven't tested
mythVideo or mythMusic yet.  If anyone is interested in a step-by step
install guide using the packages, I'd be willing to write one up.  I
would like to get it fully working before I do, though... :-)

FYI: cat ivitv test works fine... in fact, it works even better than
before! Must be a lot of work on the ivtv CVS archive.

Thanks,
Tyler Butler