[mythtv-users] Mythvideo 0.9 slow video access

Michael Brunetto michaelb at wam.umd.edu
Mon Jun 23 22:46:37 EDT 2003

My Setup:
	Myth: Athlon 2100+ w/ 100Mbit switched access
	Other: Large file warehouse
	I map a samba directory over the network to the file warehouse from the Myth box.

With Mythvideo 0.8, it worked just fine scrolling though the directories.
Now with 0.9, it takes several minutes to load up the video listing.
I use a keyboard to select the video to play, and I have lost the ability to use
pageup/down to scroll quickly though the list of directories.

When the database was created, it seems to have loaded image files into the
database as well as videos.  I have 700+GB of files, and my database is over
88,000 according to the browse section of mythvideo.

I would like to get my pageup/down scrolling back, but more importantly I need
to speed up loading the video list.  Is there any way to optimize the database,
or cut out the image files altogether?

I hope I got the right list for this
---Michaelb