[mythtv-users] Gentoo, Shuttle SK41G, & ALSA

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Jun 23 22:31:35 EDT 2003

I was unable to re-compile the marvel-linux drivers with 2.4.20-gentoo-r5
(for my G200).  So I degraded back to 2.4.20-gentoo-r2, which works fine.
Not sure about (or if there is an) r3, or r4.

I was able to get ALSA working with r5, but I'm using the 0.9.2 from the
site instead of using portage.  HOwever, I couldn't test full-duplexing
since my tuner drivers were invalid :(

I was able to get ogle, mplayer, and xine to play DVD's on my box.  Again,
I built from src, but used portage to install some of the standard legacy
requirements.  (For remote control, xine seems to be the nicest).

-Rob

Gentoo 1.4r4
2.4.20-gentoo-r2
Shuttle SK41G