[mythtv-users] Other hardware-encoders

Dane Kantner webmaster at cmtweb.com
Mon Jun 23 16:10:59 EDT 2003

> Seems a hardware MPEG4 encoder with linux drivers would be worth it as
compared
> to the PVR-250 when you start adding in how much more you could store in
the
> same amount of space on your harddrive...

$595 is a LOT of money... more than most (i suspect) people spend on their
back ends.... for a high end commercial system, I can see paying that if you
need it.. but, if you're just interested in saving disk space, buying a more
expensive CPU and using a software encoder would probably solve that for
less money?
-dane