[mythtv-users] Pundit / PVR250 and interlaced output

Will Dormann wdormann at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 00:17:08 EDT 2003

Just put together a MythTV machine using a PVR250 card
and an Asus Pundit.   I can't seem to get interlaced
output working properly, though.

I have the MythTV Playback option to deinterlace the
video unselected.   So my output should be interlaced,
right?

Well, I'm seeing interlacing effects on the TV,
especially if I pause or there's fast motion on the
screen.   It's the usual "mousetooth" effect.

What would be causing this?   The PVR-250 should be
capturing in interlaced mode automatically.   Is the
SIS TV out driver trying to do some sort of
de-interlacing on the output itself?  I'm using the
driver from:
http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsisvga.shtml

-WD