[mythtv-users] Possible to replace linux boot screen with a picture?

Steve Davidson buzzdat1 at attbi.com
Sun Jun 22 22:23:20 EDT 2003

Check out www.bootsplash.org; it does require a kernel recompile, but it
is pretty painless to work with.  The Linux Progress Patch project is
another option, but IMHO isn't as flexible.  LPP also requires that you
recompile the kernel if you want to change the image, bootsplash does
not.

Both projects require that you change your init scripts in order for the
percent complete boot information to be updated.

FWIW, My MythFrontend distribution uses the bootsplash solution (check
the archives for more info)

== Steve