[mythtv-users] updated to cvs, now all my recorded shows won't show up, and mythvid probs

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 22 21:57:40 EDT 2003

Awesome, I just got it working and the script works great. It re-inserted all my shows back into the database but without some names and descriptions, no biggy at least now they are playable. Oh to get it to work I went in and installed perl modules File::Find & File::Find::Rule and it all worked fine.

As for mythmusic I never really played with the settings and actually after I went through them my visualizations started to work for some strange reason. However when I did goto the listing of the visualizations, all I have is Random, I can't go up or down (right/left) for a list, weird. Also "Show entire music tree" does not affect my playlist at all. When I go to play music it is always in a plain alphabetic linear list, with no sorting options. Do you think it has to do with the following error messages I receive from the frontend when I goto mythmusic? How would I set the hostname, what should it be set to if it is running all on one machine?

[root at localhost chris]# mythfrontend
BUG: attempted to set value of read-only ComboBox as string
playlist.o: Hey! I can't load playlists if you don't give me a hostname!
playlist.o: Hey! I can't load playlists if you don't give me a hostname!