[mythtv-users] How does one change channels from the keyboard?

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sun Jun 22 19:19:22 EDT 2003

> >From the howto, section 11 (Using MythTV):
>
> The keys.txt file describes what the various keyboard commands are.

I missed that line the first few times I went through the install guide. In
fact when I was installing myth I never found that line. I was so certain
that line didn't exist that I went searching again when this thread started
and the only reason I'm not looking like a total fool (I was going to send
something about it not being there because even my deliberate searching
wasn't turning anything up) is because I'm slow to read posts today.

The problem may not be one of "whether the information is there" but rather
"is the information in a good location".

Take section 11 for example "Using MythTV" _great_ topic, looks like it
would be loaded with all sorts of useful information. Click on it... "NOTE
to Red Hat 8.0 users:" I'm not a RH8 user (well my myth box isn't) *skip*.
Looking at the other sections under 11? "11.1 Using themes with MythTV",
"11.2 Adding DirecTV information to the database", and "11.3 Adding support
for an external tuner", in order of importance to me those all rate 0.

Now imagine 11.1 was "Myth key bindings" or something even more obvious.
Immediately the visibility of the issue is raised, heck the topic even makes
it onto the index page.

I'm not advocating radical change to help all us stupid users, just a minor
reorganization. I found keys.txt because I knew it _must_ exist (though I
made it a ways on only a sample lirc config). I'd also suggest adding
something to section 8 mentioning section 11 and the keys.txt file as I was
most desperate for keys.txt when configuring my .lircrc file.

--
Anduin Withers