[mythtv-users] Update mythmobile pictures!

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sun Jun 22 17:16:34 EDT 2003

At 04:47 PM 6/22/2003 -0600, Matthew Brichacek wrote:
>I can't help but laugh at the wanabe who tried to execute commands on my
>server, but either way abuse reports were sent to your ISP.  If anyone
>wants his IP I would be happy to let you have your way with him.

I don't know what purpose is served by posting a message of this sort to
this (or any) mailing list, but it leaves me uneasy, specificially the
implications of the closing sentence.

Matthew, I strongly urge you to seek legal advice before you follow though
on your offer to assist people in "hav[ing] your way with him" ...
particularly if you identify "him" only by an IP address, which could
easily cause someone to aim at the wrong target. Your only real safeguard,
I think, is that people are unlikely to take you up on your offer.

Isaac -- or whoever runs this list -- I almost never make this suggestion,
but I think this message, and the one it is in response to, should be
deleted from the list archive, along with any subsequent messages in the
thread.