[mythtv-users] How does one change channels from the keyboard?

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Sun Jun 22 18:53:30 EDT 2003

Ok... I see this question pop up about every week, does anyone agree
that maybe we should add this to the docs.

Or maybe we should have an FAQ on the website for common
problems/solutions, and simple questions like this one.

And perhaps an email sent to anyone who signs up to be on the mailing
list with some directions to Read the docs and search the archives
before posting a question here would be good... and some simple
direction on the creation of a GOOD bug/problem report might be
warranted as well.  Including directions for using the common
processor/memory/harddisk performance tools like top.  It would save a
lot of our time deleting or replying to messages that we have to read
over and over.  And it would hopefully improve the information given in
the first message of a thread, keeping the thread down to a couple of
messages...

1. Detailed problem decription
2. Solution
3. A thank you note letting the solver know they nailed it.

Instead of:

1. Crappy problem decription
2. A request for more information
3. A request from the person who has the problem on how to provide more
info
4. A comment from someone to read the archives
5. Issacs suggestion that they read the docs
6. The person with the problem apologizing and commenting on how great
myth is from what he has seen, "if I could only fix this problem"
7. A discussion on how CVS isn't for the faint of heart
8. ECT ECT ECT

Sorry I made this so long, but hey, if you are willing to waste your
time reading any message in a thread titled "How does one change
channels from the keyboard?"  Then you have plenty of patience!

Thanks,

Joe