[mythtv-users] Re: ALSA sound, unresolved symbols

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sun Jun 22 13:52:07 EDT 2003

Just for the record, you have soundcore just fine.  The "Unresolved
symbol" message is a known issue.  Check freshrpms.net for more info on
it... one of the other posters had it nailed down...

Basically, Red Hat introduced a new scheduler, thus breaking the
standard Alsa install procedure.  Note that it doesn't kick in until
after you've installed it!  In any case, you're safest just installing
the binaries from freshrpms.net.

	-I