[mythtv-users] Quick question

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Sun Jun 22 12:15:49 EDT 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003 06:59, Ray Olszewski uttered:
> In practice, you face two problems from your choice of video-capture card.
>
> First, its sound output does not work with the btaudio kernel driver.
>
> Second, newer versions of that card do not even work with the bttv video
> kernel driver (Hauppauge changed the chipset). I mention this jut in case
> you have not tested your card yet; you *may* be yet another victim of
> Hauppauge's practice of changing card specs without changing its model name
> and number.

Not a bother there, the card's video works just fine.

> The only ways to "get around" problem #1 are either to buy a sound card or
> to get a card supported by the btaudio driver (or, I suppose, some other
> driver if it is not a bttv card).  I use method 1; sound cards are cheap.
> Search the list for info on cards that support method 2.
>
> If you have problem #2, you either need to replace the card or wait for a
> kernel driver that supports it (I believe work is happening on one, but how
> fast it is moving I do not know).

Cheers!  I'll look into a sound card. Since the Bttv card has an audio out
jack, will I be needing to run that jack into the audio in of my sound card
(externally) or will it be handled internally?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: