[mythtv-users] Assorted Questions about improving MythTV experience

Adam Biskobing tv at badmoon.com
Sat Jun 21 12:27:55 EDT 2003

Hopefully some of this will help:

As far as process priority, take a look at the nice command.  It will set
a processes priority level.  For instance, run your compile such as 'nice
make' and it will lower that process' priority

Check out ntpdate for automatically syncronizing your pc's clock.  If you
look for ntp servers on google you should find a good list of them.  I set
a cron job that runs ntpdate every hour and slowly sync's the time back.
Look at the man page for options.