[mythtv-users] Re:TV Output Not Filling TV Screen

Chad McQuinn chadmcquinn at insightbb.com
Sat Jun 21 03:19:34 EDT 2003

On 6/20/03 10:22 PM, "Robert Schultz" <robert at cosmicrealms.com> wrote:

> Well I set it [TVOverScan] to 0.65
> It fills the screen, but it goes off the right side of the screen too much.
> It's very difficult to determine how much of the screen is off the right
> hand side.

Unfortunately, I don't think nvidia gives a way to adjust H/V positioning.
Perhaps you can adjust this on your TV set, or see below.

> I tried setting the values in sucession.
> 0.40, still has borders. Still has borders thru 0.45, 0.46, 0.49
> Some time after 0.46 the screen is perfectly aligned with the right hand
> side, but the top, left and bottom still has a border.
> So increasing overscan is not gonna help fix the 'alignment' issue of
> being centered on the screen.

It can, if all you want TV out for is myth. Go to 0.46 (or maybe a bit
higher) overscan, and then adjust the myth settings so that it lines up with
the TV display (I *think* you can use negative overscan/positioning in
myth).

There may be a general XF86Config way to adjust H/V positioning. I can't
help you there, as I consider XF86Config editing to be the work of the devil
so I avoid it on religious grounds.

-Chad