[mythtv-users] cpu usage question / recordingsetting recommendations

Paul Catchpole admin at aphrodit.homeunix.net
Fri Jun 20 22:12:33 EDT 2003

Regards,

 I agree. I've just got mythtv set up on a 1700xp Athlon box on a K7S5A with
256 PC133, on-board 8x0 sound, wireless lan to the fileserver with music and
videos on, a segate barracuda 40gb drive and a Geforce 3 TI-200 with NVIDIA
TV-out running at 1024-768 on an Aiwa 21" TV on SVIDEO.

I'm getting MPEG4 (480x480, 2200 with mp3 sound) at around 13%Cpu for
recording only or 25 to 30% for live tv...

This is with a Leadtek 2000XP and Gentoo Vanilla-Sources 2.4.21 (with
march=athlon).

	Paul