[mythtv-users] XBox as a frontend?

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Fri Jun 20 12:40:58 EDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Ryan Shoff wrote:

> The Xbox make a very good front end. I've been working on the Xbox-linux
> project for a long time, and MythTV is one of the best uses of it.  Overscan
> can easily be controlled with the "xbv" utility.  The remote control works
> with a special kernel module that simulates keypresses.  It does not require
> Lirc at all.

Ryan, you wouldn't happen to know if the kernel module has the scan codes
for the xbox remote coded in that module, or if they are managable via the
utility program?  The xbox remote isn't bad, but I prefer the PVR style
layout of the TiVo remote.  I'll be trying to get that remote to work next
week, just looking for some pointers as to where to start.

Thanks,

~cj