[mythtv-users] Remote stops working after MythVideo stops

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 19 23:46:56 EDT 2003

On Thursday 19 June 2003 21:30, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> I'm running MythTV under RHL9, with a WinTV PVR-250 (grey remote).
> Everything works great, except that when I play back a movie in
> MythVideo, when it either ends, or I stop it, I cease to have any
> remote control functionality. If I hit escape on the keyboard hooked to
> the machine, I get back use of the remote... Anyone else run into this
> problem? If it matters (I doubt it should), the movies are being played
> off a samba share.

This might be a focus issue.  Check your window manager setup.  What version
of Myth are you running?

> Also, is there a way to pause movie playback in MythVideo? The pause
> that works for MythTV does nothing... Do I need to configure something
> in mplayer?

I believe the default pause key for MPlayer is 'space'.  If you have one of
your remote keys bound to 'space', that should work.  Or, you could always
change MPlayer's keybinding to 'P' so it's the same as Myth.

-JAC