[mythtv-users] Re: Extenal interface to frontend for OSD and other stuff?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 19 23:42:16 EDT 2003

On Thursday 19 June 2003 20:16, Rob Rogers wrote:
> I have been
> thinking for a while about the possibility of jumping directly from one
> plugin to another with a single command/keypress. I.e. I press the "DVD"
> button on my universal remote, and MythVideo launches. Then I press
> "Stereo" and MythVideo exits, and MythMusic launches. Saves you from
> hitting escape 2-3 times to get back to the main menu, and then choosing
> your new plugin

I've been thinking about this too, trying to work it into an architectural
design for a new user-interaction model (instead of/in addition to plain ol'
X keysyms).  The recent changes in CVS that made everything in Myth parented
by a single window, and turned the add-on modules into plugins were necessary
steps to accomplish this, so I'm guessing the main developers are thinking
along the same lines.  I'd really like to have a chat with Isaac one of these
days...

-JAC