[mythtv-users] PVR-250 question

Max max-mythtv-users at lasevich.net
Thu Jun 19 19:04:15 EDT 2003

Actually as per LIRC docs the remote should be supported (although I cannot
get it to work from CVS at all) However the Haupage remote controls use a
different protocol than most remotes, causing some on this list to say that
it will only  work with the original remote. That is not true, since I
believe most universals, especially programable ones, support the protocol
in question and you can always get the so-called "JP1" remotes and program
them to do just about anything..... as long as LIRC actually works.

I have a bad feeling that it may be that some PVR cards have slightly
different hardware causing LIRC drivers not to load properly. When I try to
load lirc driver, I am getting attempts to load bttv driver, even though it
is not needed. Have not had time to investigate yet.

-M