[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 250/350 in UK?

Martin Cosgrave martin at bettercode.com
Thu Jun 19 12:42:49 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 07:59, Rob Kirkbride wrote:
> Anyone managed to get a 350 working in the UK?
> I've managed to get a picture fine via the S-Video input with both mplayer
> and mytv but *not* with terrestial TV into the TV input with either
> program.

(btw - I know this duplicates some of the info I sent you off list but at
least here it is searchable by others)

I've got a 250 and I'm in the UK - I set it up like this:
--8<--
# Setup TV input
# set card to PAL
/usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -u 0x000000FF
# reduce default bitrate
/usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -c bitrate_peak=4000000,bitrate=2000000,framerate=1
# tune it in to pal channel 21, you can use "-F <freq>" instead of "-c chan"
/usr/local/bin/ptune.pl -f pal-europe -c 21
--8<--
btw my modules.conf is slightly different to yours:
--8<--
alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   ivtv
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=1
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
--8<--
Here's a shell script that will help you find the channels - just write down
the frequency displayed after you see a recognisable picture. The start freq
is very low but I am getting my TV signal off a cable feed so I actually do
have a channel there. If you have an old ivtv you might need a newer version
because ptune.pl changed at some point:
--8<--
#!/bin/bash
for (( i=55250; $i<1000000; i=$i+8000 ));
do
ptune.pl -f pal-europe -F $i;
cat /dev/video0 | mplayer - &
sleep 5