[mythtv-users] OT: large partitions (was: Biggest, baddest MythTV)

Shawn core at enodev.com
Wed Jun 18 20:26:30 EDT 2003

The answer to your question is that he's half right.

IIRC, LVM in 2.4 has been able to create > 2TB logical devices just
fine. It depended on your extent size I think.

Also, LVM was /upgraded/ in 2.5, not phased out. DM is the LVM in 2.5,
and it's LVM compatible too. (So is EVMS...) These are also able to help
with large logical devices.

Now, as for the underlying physical block device limitation, many dists
have patches for 2.4 to address that.