[mythtv-users] Can't watch live TV

Naoyuki Tai ntai at smartfruit.com
Wed Jun 18 19:56:59 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm having a problem watching TV with mythtv.

I run RH9, installed all of mythtv and related packages using
apt-get. I followed the installation more or less.
Yes, I do use KDE.

I have a Leadtek's tuner card that uses Bt8?8, Abit ST6,
Tualatin Celeron 1.1Ghz, 256M, on-board sound, gFormce4 MX
with TV out by ASUS.

I can start the mythbackend.
I can start the mythfrontend.
I can choose "Watch TV".
The backend starts to do something and CPU usage goes up.
Disk LED is flickering. It looks like the backend is doing
something.

But, no image on the screen. I can hear the noise of tuner
card.

I can watch the cable with freevo.
I downloaded and started and worked OK. I can flip through
channels with it. Chroma was funky, but, image and sound
are there. But, I want to use mythtv.

So, I believe tuner is working.

When I do ps, I see mythbackend, mythfrontend.
I expected to see mythtv and/or other myth* in ps but it
is not there. (I do not know how these apps relate very
well.)

How come there is no image? I checked FAQ. I use KDE.
And, I think that I'm stuck and what should I check next?
Should mythtv be there when I chose "Watch TV"?

Thanks in advance.

--
naoyuki "tai" tai, ntai a_t smartfuirt d_o_t com