[mythtv-users] Playing MythTV files in Windows

Richard J. Finn rfinn at blueclaw.net
Wed Jun 18 15:04:28 EDT 2003

	I'm just thinking out loud, so bear with me...

	If you pause live TV it would be saved to a file, right?  If not, I
guess you could also do a live recording.  Somehow, you manage to get a
file that contains the current stream (obviously delayed by a second or 2).

	Could you then view that file *while* its being created?

	What about using something like the Quicktime open source server,
Darwin?  Perhaps the VideoLAN or FFmpeg projects?  Could these be used
the stream the file, or in a module (like a "Serve Live TV Mode" or
something)?
	http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/streaming/
	http://www.videolan.org/
	http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/