[mythtv-users] cpu usage question / recording setting recommendations

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 11:59:54 EDT 2003

--- Brian Lalor <blalor at bravo5.org> wrote:
> I'm using default audio settings ATM; I haven't reduced those
> because right now my sound quality *sucks* and I don't know why
> (need more troubleshooting with cables and drivers).

Don't know if this will help you but my sound was horrible until I
increased the sample frequency.  With it turned up, I have audio
quality on the lowest setting and still get good sound.  Before, my
wife said, "Umm no you just wasted all that money on those two cards
cause this is not staying."  Now she is fine with it.  Perhaps there
is some other issue but this seemed to fix it okay for me.

Michael