[mythtv-users] How does backend/frontend work with Directv?

Joel Feenstra joelf at altelco.net
Tue Jun 17 18:09:03 EDT 2003

The remote command to change the channel goes the the backend, which
then executes an external script (I use the RCA.pl script that's been
floating around). The script sends the channel change command over the
serial port to the directv receiver. You can switch between inputs on
the tv card so that composite or svideo or whatever is used.