[mythtv-users] Possible Memory Leak?

Timothy Vann tvann at extremenetworks.com
Tue Jun 17 06:49:41 EDT 2003

I've just setup MythTv  for the first time and I seem to have a memory
leak.  I'm running with a PVR-250, 512MB of ram and 512MB swap.
Basically, everything starts up fine and runs for a few hours, then my
system hangs tight because I'm out of memory.  I can watch the memory
used gradually grow and killing off mythbackend doesn't recover the
memory(hence why I think it's a leak).  If I don't start mythtv then the
box runs fine.  At this point I'm not sure if the leak is comming from
MythTv or from the ivtv driver.  Just thought I'd see if anyone had seen
this same problem or had any suggestions.

Regards,
Tim Vann